Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Gift Extravaganza!!!

I LOVE making girfts for people! It's so much more fun than going from store to store for days trying to find something perfect. This year for Valentine's Day I sent my mom (who recently moved to North Carolina from Maine) a care package filled with all things Maine/New England. Fun Fact: Did you know they don't sell Marshmallow Fluff outside of New England? I did not know that untill about two weeks ago. I made sure to write things on the outside of the box like "WICKED FRAGILE, BUB" and "A WICKED GOOD MAINE CARE PACKAGE".

I also made my friend Amy a really cute framed print that I embelished a little bit. She sent me this from Pinterest:


Obviously thats the cutest thing ever. To be honest , I teared up a little when I read it because I miss her a shit ton.

So I had a stroke of brillance and Staples helped me out with it. They will let you email them any attachment and they will print if off for you. Seriously? Ahmazingly conveniant. I had them print the picture off on 8.5"x11" cardstock in color. It cost something like $1.98. I love me some cheap deals on some sweet stuff. I made my way over to AC Moore and bought a floater frame (one of the frames where you sandwich the picture in between two panes of glass and has a border of wood), some rhinestones, little pink scrapbooking flowers, pink glitter glue and the smallest paint brush I could find.



There is a quck picture (minus the frame). I forgot to take a picture of the supplies before it was all done and shipped out. I had used all the pink flowers so they aren't in that picture.
Seriously, folks, if you are going to do anythign with little tiny rhinestones, you NEED tweezers. These were so small I couldn't even use my fingers to pick them up from the sides. The tweezers also made it much easier to put them exactly where I wanted them without getting the glitter glue all over everything.
All I did was take the pink glitter glue and trace along the letters of some of the words to make it look a little more fun. Then I took the pink flowers and glued them onto the corners. I dotted all the I's with rhinestones, and also put them in the center of the flowers. All together this probably took about 15-20 minutes to do, and about an hour to dry. Then I just popped it into the frame. It came out so cute, honestly, I was proud of myself. Here are some pictures!




You can't see the glitter on the letters at all in these pictures, but its there. It was my favorite gift I've ever made so far and it cost all of $15 to make.

3 comments:

  1. Sooo cute!! I cried when I opened it lol I miss youuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lies. They have Fluff at my Food Lion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I love it!! You are soo talented :) I'll have to look again for the Fluff, maybe they are hiding it someplace other than with the PB&J.

    ReplyDelete