Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Royal Blue Madness

So I painted my bathroom this past weekend. I am obsessed with the color and how vibrant and uplifting it is!!
Here is a quick picture of the before and after colors:


In the pictures, it looks like the color would be too dark for this room, but there is so much sunlight, its just right! I got my paint on sale at Lowe's. Its called "Magical Merlin" haha. I got the 2 in 1 Olympia Paint and Primer. I didn't want to fool with buying a seperate primer because I'm an instant gratification kind of girl. With the 2 in 1, they suggest two coats (the first one acts as the primer, the second acts as the actual paint). Also, instead of paying $24 for a can of paint plus the price of whatever primer is, I paid $26 for one can of the 2 in 1.

I washed the walls and woodwork with Mr. Clean. Then I edged out everything with this little tool from heaven:

That is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Before I found it, I trimmed out the edge of the bathroom door with a paint brush and it took me almost 25 minutes. Then I cracked open this bad boy and edged out the whole room in about 15 minutes. It has a felt pad on the back of it, and those little wheels allow you to keep a safe distance away from the woodwork while it glides like a fantastic magical painting tool. Then from there I just went to it with a roller.

After pictures!!!







Now I'm just working on spray painting the metal towel racks. Blog on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment