Sunday, February 12, 2012

Open the pod bay door, Hal.

I got my Ipod touch! I'm like a giddy small child with this thing, I swear. This thing is frigging awesome. I am having so much fun figuring it out and using  it. I feel all high tech and futuristic. I have not stopped taking pictures and downloading apps since I got it on Friday. I have recommended it to almost everyone I have talked to in the last three days. I'm a little obsessed. I originally set out to get a refurbished one, but I stopped at Wal Mart first (even though I knew they don't have any refurbs in the store) and the guy said they only had one left so I snatched it up! I just couldn't wait. I wanted a white one, but they only had black.





I am SO on the weight loss band wagon now. Since last Sunday (when I had the plague and couldn't eat anything for two days) I have been taking it easy with food. I have lost 13 lbs! I'm setting my goal to lose no less than 2 lbs a week (more is obviously preferable). My favorite app so far that is helping me with this is called "MyFitnessPal". which is essentially a calorie counting app. Its pretty helpful. You put in how much you weigh and what your goal weight is and it tells you how many calories you need to eat daily to get to your goal weight. Then you chart your food/calorie intake for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. The good thing about this is you're not actually figuring out all the calories on your own. They have almost every food stored in a database .All you do is type in what you ate and 99.9% of the time it pulls it up and tells you how many calories are in it. I find it makes the whole calorie counting thing much easier. I just feel like a freak when I'm staring at the label on the side of the box trying to do math and writing it down, all that is annoying and frustrating. When I go on these counting binges I usually just end up eating the prepackaged 100 calorie snacks and those Weight Watchers frozen meals. Not fun. This tells you how many you are alloted for the day (Mine is 1200). As you add food it subtracts it from the total and lets you know how many you have left. It is incredibly handy. Also, there are charts and graphs to track your progress.

I have been annoyingly flitting around the house taking pictures with the ol' Ipod. If the dogs could talk they would be swearing at me. I got a sweet camera app called "Instant110". You can change the lense, developer and film. This is the.best.thing.ever. I am a huge fan of the way pictures looked on old cameras in the 60s and 70s. They are just more soulful than digital pictures. For example:


That is Mr. Sandpaperandnailpolish. This was the first night I had the gadget and, as you can see, he is already annoyed with the picture taking.


Other than taking pictures and dowloading things, I decided to paint all the woodwork in the house. The paint was just old and yellowing. Things that are meant to be white...should look white. When that is not the case it grosses me out. So I washed all the trim and baseboards really well. I was SO glad I didn't have to sand them down becaue that would have taken A LOT of work. After it dried I cracked open a gallon of primer I found in the basement and went. to. town.




This is the primer I used. I've never used it before, but it seemed to work fairly well.


I didn't think it looked all that bad before, it was just bugging me. Once I started and was able to compare the before and after colors I just couldn't stop.


So far I have the windows and doors done in the mudroom and one side of the bathroom door. I can't believe how much it brighter the rooms look, even with just the primer. I can't wait to actually put a top coat on.



And, yet again. We have our daily Pinterest gem. This is probably my favorite thing EVER.





















No comments:

Post a Comment