Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Saftey First.

So. There is a story to preface this P.S.A. I babysat my nephew the other day while my sister went to a meeting at work. Now, he is about 18 months old so he is INSANE. He is everywhere all at once. He flails his arms and hands around like a NUT JOB. He was super tired when he first got here, which would just not do. I only see him about once every two weeks so we need to cram a whole lot of fun and play time into a small window. So he caught his second wind and it was Crazy Town up in here. I picked him up at one point and put him in my lap, then the crazy arm flailing began and he ended up poking me in the eye. He didn't just poke me in the eye, he got right in there. Straight up little kid hand INTO my eye socket. This was two days ago. My eye has been hurting since then. Today I went and looked in the mirror to see if my eye was actually still attached to my face and I ended up finding a little surprise. Yes, we have reached the point of the story. I figured it was just sore from the previously mentioned assault, but NO, I found A PAINT CHIP in my eye. Just hanging out, you know, drinking some beers with my contact lens. 
This, folks, is the importance of eye protection when sanding/scraping things. 






1 comment: