Sunday, January 29, 2012

On the Bandwagon!

Hey, there!
I'm starting this blog as a way to chronicle my love of DIY projects, makeup/beauty products, clothes, shoes and life in general. There will also be A LOT of bitching and complaining.

My mother recently moved out of state and I have moved into her house in rural Maine. It is old and needs some TLC, but that's just all part of its charm. I grew up in this house and I love it despite the work that needs to be done. I'm not a carpenter or construction worker, more of a weekend warrior trying to make it cute again with some paint and new hardware. This is where the DIY part comes in! Lots of before and after pictures of furniture and home decor! That is my (and, I'm pretty sure, everyone else's) favorite part!
I am a Pinterest ADDICT! I will be posting all sorts of awesome ideas on here taken from that website. I work from home and we have recently been granted grown up privileges and can surf the web without a filter. This has just fueled my addiction. Seriously...I think I need help. "My name is Maggie...and I am an addict."

Aside from doing the DIY thing, I LOVE makeup and nail polish. I'm still working on the makeup skills, but its getting there. I can finally paint on a DAMN GOOD smokey eye. That's right. Suck it, Kim Kardashian. I paint my nails almost every day. Again, I work from home so in between phone calls, I have some extra time for such things. My new favorite websites for these things, you ask? Both of them I heard about from my friend (and fellow blogger) Helen. First, which I honestly need to stay away from, is e.l.f . On Friday I made two separate orders in one day. That is excessive. Everything is so cheap. Seriously. Mascara, eyeliner, nail polish, concealer you can get for $1. The most expensive thing I bought was a foundation brush for $5. These were my first orders from them but word on the street is they make some good shit. Also, BirchBox seems to be a good one as well. I ordered some toner from them, has not arrived yet, but I am looking forward to it. Everything that I've seen is all natural (For my annoying skin this is almost necessary) which is fantastic. And for being labeled as "All Natural" the prices don't seem to be ridiculously expensive like almost everywhere else. They also have this cool thing where they send you a box of sample sized, high end products for $10 a month. I am currently on the waiting list and I NEED to be accepted soon. NEEDS to happen.

I love shoes. I LOVE shoes. I don't get the opportunity to wear fantastic shoes too often, but when I do, I like to buy new ones. It's silly, but it happens. Who doesn't like to get a pair of new shoes? If you said you don't, then you are lying, for sure.



So that gets the "get to know me and what my deal is" phase out of the way. I will be posting more fun and (obviously) insightful things later on. Subscribe now!

1 comment:

  1. Good start! Helen turned me on to this blog of DIY ( www.younghouselove.com ) - I think originally for their dog. I have to admit I love their projects - I especially liked the clothespin lamp shade.

    ReplyDelete